Sunday 24 April 2016

Burberry Highlighter

I've been a a fan of Burberry make up range and constantly checking their website to see what's new xD. When I saw the new highlighters from the spring/summer runway 2016 collection I just couldn't say no. The details are so beautiful, and since I have always had good experiences with Burberry make up line, I decided to put an order online despite of lack of swatches I could find at that time.






I decided to get shade 1 which is a frosty white shade. The other shade available is warm gold, and since I didn't have any white highlighters, I opted for the white one.

Burberry spring / summer runway highlighter in shade 01 white is a frosted white highlighter with cool undertone. Comparing it with other highlighters on my stash, it is the closest to Tom Ford Moonlight ( Daylight ) highlighter, but while Daylight has a slight golden sheen and warmer undertone , Burberry White is a full on white with frosted sheen.  The texture is a tad dry but smooth and a little bit bouncy. Texture wise, it reminds me a bit of MAC Soft & Gentle. It is not as creamy as BECCA pressed Opal but not as dry as Soft & Gentle. It applies well and blends seamlessly. It doesn't apply patchy and looks natural on the cheeks. I also like the fact that it doesn't emphasise pores.

Housed in a beautiful Burberry gun metal magnetic case, it also comes with a mini brush and velvety pouch. The case has a built in mirror

It lasted a good 7-8 hour on my cheeks. It is overall a very decent and well executed highlighter, everything from design, packaging, texture, and performance are on point and ticked all the boxes. You might not need it if you already have similar shades on your collection. For me, it's more a collectible item xD.

Burberry Spring Summer 2016 Runway Highlighter retails for €53 and available in 2 shades.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment