Monday 17 August 2015

Koh Gen Do HD Make Up

Koh Gen Do is a brand I am always curious to try. I have tried their Maifanshi loose powder and it is one of my staple loose powder, excellent quality. But, as a foundation junkie, of course I needed to try the foundation, right? Gladly there is a set of deluxe sizes Maifanshi foundation and primer sold by local beauty store in Indonesia so I bought it right away. 








The set comes in a very nice tin case with deluxe samples inside. There is 1 mini tube of make up color base pearl white, 2 Maifanshi moisture foundation in shade 013 and 113, 1 loose powder and 2 sachets of the color base primer + regular size powder puff.
To be honest, both shades 013 and 113 are a bit dark for my complexion, not too much that my face and neck have different tones though, but still they're not the perfect match for my skin.

Let me start with the pearl white base, it is a nice lightweight white primer. It has similar texture to the Chanel Le blanc primer. The primer does brighten up my complexion but it does not smoothen my face like for example Benefit Professional or Smashbox PhotoReady. It doesn't feel silicone-y but it applies very smoothly . It is a nice primer but nothing exceptional. It didn't prolong the wear of make up, but it enhanced the appearance of brighter skin. If you are looking for it, then you should give it a try.

The Maifanshi Moisture Foundation has creamy lightweight texture. It applies and blends effortlessly and smoothly providing a very natural and radiant finish. The coverage is more on the sheerer side which is enough for daily use if you don't really have problematic skin or a lot to be covered. For me personally, I prefer more coverage. Staying power is okay, bare in mind this is a moisture foundation, not a long wearing one. So I will not point it out as a negative aspect. The natural finish is no doubt very nice, but to be honest, that is the kind of finish I could achieve with cheaper product. I do not need to spend $62 on a foundation to achieve that look.

The Loose powder is the winner in this set, but I already wrote a separate post on this one here.

Overall, I am glad I gave this set a go so I saved myself a good amount of money.  It is excellent if you want to try the Maifanshi line. It would be better though, if they have several shades of the foundation available.

Have you tried anything from Koh Gen Do?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment