Monday 3 August 2015

Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer

I am such a sucker for base products such as primer , foundation, concealer, and powder. So I don't need to explain anything about why I recently bought this Illamasqua Hydra Veil Primer, right? Okay glad you are all so understanding with me *grinning*.






The Illamasqua hydra veil is an in between product of primer and moisturizer. I have combination skin, and often the area under my eyes and cheeks are a bit dry so a hydrating primer sounds perfect. I still use my daily moisturizer beforehand though since I don't think Hydra veil is offering any skin care benefit so I just treat it as make up primer with a bit of hydration kick. 

Illamasqua Hydra Veil comes in a solid black jar packaging. I really appreciate the spatula given so it's more hygienic to use. The product has a unique jelly like texture which is very difficult to be scooped out using fingers, so hence the given spatula. I was amazed when I first saw the texture because it has the ability to reform itself into pristine condition after you scoop out the product ( yes  I am a dork like that. lol ). 

Despite of the jelly texture, the primer applies effortlessly into the skin and sinks in fast. It doesn't have silicone-y feel like Benefit Porefessional. My skin feels smoother to touch after applying this primer. I notice a bit of pore blurring effect going on. The primer doesn't interrupt the application of foundation or other base products on top of it, means my foundation-concealer and co apply just like they used to, with or without primer as some primers tend to change the blend ability of some foundations.

After trying this primer for few weeks I'd say I like it, but I don't love it. Most downside for me is that it doesn't prolong the wear of make up and instead, it kind of eliminates the oil control. I notice my foundation gets oilier faster and the finish gets a tad too dewy after awhile. But it is a great primer for matte foundation as it gives a nice subtle glow or if you don't have long day awaits, let's say just a 2 or 3 hour dine out, this is great to give you a nice radiant face. But, longer than 3-4 hours, it will be too dewy especially if you have combination to oily skin. If you have dry to normal skin though, this will be perfect.

What is your current favorite face primer?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment