Tuesday 5 May 2015

YSL Rouge Volupte


This is my first lipstick from YSL Rouge Volupte line. I received it from a friend of mine as my birthday present. I haven't tried anything from the Rouge Volupte range so I was excited to try.








The lipstick comes in a iconic YSL gold bullet. I personally like the packaging even though it catches fingerprints like crazy, but it is well made and has a good weigh into it. 
I received the shade #15 - extreme coral , I find the name a bit misleading though because the shade is an absolute orange bordering tomato red ( at least to my eyes ) and it has almost neon-shiny/glossy finish  ( the picture doesn't do enough justice ) . It is very similar to Tom Ford Wild Ginger only with less shine. The shiny/glossy finish fades quickly though maybe after ca. 1-2 hour but it doesn't transform into matte just no longer glossy, I'd say more like lip stain.

YSL Rouge Volupte in Extreme Coral is a full coverage lipstick with creamy consistency. It applies smoothly and the texture is emollient. I find this kind of texture is always good for 'more forgiving' nude or MLBB shades, but is a tricky one for bolder and brighter shades. It doesn't bleed or feather, but it could be slippery.  The lipstick feely hydrated and doesn't dry up my lips despite of the good staying power and the bold pigmentation. It feels very comfortable on the lips and the texture is just pleasant. It has floral scent which is quite potent but I don't mind because it doesn't linger. 

This lipstick retails for €28 - €32,99 and it is a hefty price tag for a lipstick. But YSL is indeed high end so I think the pricing is okay since the quality is not disappointing either. 

Do you have anything from the Rouge Volupte range?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment