Thursday 14 May 2015

What's in My 3 Month Travel Make Up Bag

Hi guys! As I've mentioned before in several posts, I am currently in Jakarta-Indonesia for my  3 month obligatory internship. It was not easy for me to pack my make up for this 3 month trip as I promised myself not to buy too much make up while I am in Jakarta, so I needed to make sure that I carry everything I need. Here is what's inside my travel make up bag :



Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sun Screen - This sunscreen is my HG sun screen and a must esp for hot climate Indonesia.

Lunasol Smoothing Make Up Base - For the hot climate, I need a strong hold make up primer and this one is heat and sweat proof.

Canmake BB Cream - I bought this BB Cream in February and it's been my staple ever since. I am writing a review about it and will post it soon. 

Laneige BB Snow Cushion Foundation - My HG cushion foundation, I just can't leave this one. It is great working as a base between primer and foundation. I like to apply a sheer layer of it after primer then cover it up with foundation. It is lightweight and provides an even more flawless base.

Anna Sui Liquid Foundation - I prefer to take asian brand base make up as they tend to be more water proof, heat proof and sweat proof. I bought this foundation on my trip to Asia last year and it performed really well on hot weather.

MAC Studiofix Fluid Foundation : A long wearing and full coverage will come in handy especially since I knew I was going to attend 3 weddings during my stay in Indonesia. 

Itcosmetics CC Cream : I actually bought this one in Jakarta just recently, I just mistakenly put it in the picture. I haven't tested it long enough to write a review about it.

Maybelline The Roller Concealer : One of my favorite concealer ever. It is great for under eye area and spot concealing. The staying power is good and the shade matches my skin very well. It can double up as foundation too when used sparingly. 

ZA Perfect Fit Concealer : My HG concealer. I mix up shade 1 and 2 to achieve the perfect shade for my under eye area. It brightens up the area and shade 1 can double up as a highlighter shade as well.

Charlotte Tilbury The Retoucher : I love using this as a touch up wand if my foundation starts to fade. The formula is lightweight and brightening so it's great to freshen up the look.

Coastal Scent Camouflage Contour Cream Quad : I bought this quad on a whim without much expectation and it works surprisingly well. It needs to be blended using sponge though as the consistency is a bit too cakey for any brushes.

W7 Cream Bronzer : I got it shortly before my departure to Indonesia because it's recommended as a good dupe for Soleil Tan de Chanel. For a fraction of the price compare to the Chanel one, this is not bad at all. The color is a tad too warm though so I need to be careful on application to avoid it being too orange.

Lorac Wet/Dry Pressed Powder : I wouldn't use this powder as a setting powder if I were not in Indonesia. But due to the hot hot climate, I need to put extra protection to my make up and therefore this powder comes to the rescue. It might look a bit too much upon application, but after 3-4 hour I am just glad I put extra protection because I always sweat like crazy here.

Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot Powder : My touch up powder. The lightweight texture and the mattifying effect is great for touch up. It doesn't cake up even after multiple touch ups.

Stila Sun Bronzing Powder : I hit the pan on this one already. The bronzer is so easy to wear and despite of the warm shade, it is still foolproof. I like to apply it over foundation to warm up the complexion. It is so natural that's why I love it.

Burberry Blush in Earthy : Another favorite bronzer. Earthy is less warm and more ashy so it can double up as subtle contour shade. 

Burberry Blush in Blossom : Blossom is my touch up blush that is always in my make up pouch to go. The mini brush and built in mirror is very convenient for touch up.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette : This palette is very travel friendly as you get 2 different shades inside one relatively compact palette. I was tempted to bring the Benefit blush palette but couldn't be bother to carry it as the tin box is so big xD.

Stila Convertible Color in Lilium : I just thought I might need a cream blush, you know just in case. xD

The Balm Maryloumanizer : My face is already shiny enough on its own but I still packed this one in for any night out occasions. 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade : I don't go outside house without filling my brows in with this brow pomade

Maybelline Brow Mascara : The only brow mascara I own, but it does its job. Great alternative for more expensive similar products.

Etude House Eye Brow Pencil : I carry this pencil in my go to make up pouch just in case I need to touch up my eye brow which is rarely happen because the dip brow pomade stays on like nobody's business.

Dolly Wink Liquid Pen Eyeliner : It took me awhile to appreciate this much loved and hyped liquid pen eyeliner. I was not sold at the beginning but it started to grow on me now. It goes on smoothly and doesn't smudge.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance : I very often skip the eye shadow primer step, mainly because I always forget and often too lazy. I don't have any favorite in this category so I randomly selected this one.

Kiko Eye Shadow Stick in 04 and 05 : They are my favorite eye shadow sticks. They are creamy, pigmented, and long-lasting. They are very easy to apply and low maintenance too.

Rimmel Scandalous Eye shadow stick in Bad Girl Bronze and Rose Gold : Another staples in the eye shadow stick category.

Shiseido Cream Eyeshadow in Leather - Lancome Dazzling Hypnose Cream Eyeshadow in Rouge Cabaret - and L'oreal Infallible Eye shadow in Burnt Amber : My most used cream eye shadows.

Itcosmetics Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Palette :  A great matte eye shadow palette is a must for traveling.

Lorac Pro Palette : I was debating between this palette and the Shu one. But this one won because it is thinner, more compact and lighter to carry. The shade Garnet was a huge X factor too.

Tarte Big Lashes Mascara and Estee Lauder Sumptuous Mascara : Since I am always wearing false lashes, I don't really care what kind of mascara I wear as long as they are waterproof, they're in.

The lip products :
  • Revlon Matte Lip Balm in Sultry
  • Astor Lip Butter Matte in Elegant Nude
  • Evete Lip Balm in Vanilla
  • Bourjois Lip Velvet in Nude-Ist
  • Rouge Bunny Rouge Lipstick in Whim of Mine
  • Burberry Lip Cover in Blush
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107
  • Lancome Lip Lover #333
Beauty Blender ( not in picture ) and my essential make up brushes 

I tried my best to limit my 3 month make up carry on since I knew I would be able to use my sister's and my mom's make up stash xD ( plus I knew I'd shop some new make up hehe ).
What make up essentials would you carry for a longer term trip? 

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment