Sunday 10 May 2015

Givenchy Teint Couture Long Wearing Fluid Foundation

I got this foundation from Paris duty free on my recent trip to Asia. The duty free had 20% off all foundation so as a foundation junkie of course I took the chance and got this foundation.
I didn't have a lot of time during that visit so I took this foundation based on the BA recommendation ( she said this foundation is the best seller from Givenchy ). 






Givenchy Teint Couture Foundation lists alcohol as one of its main ingredients which I unfortunately was not aware by the time I bought it. My skin is not particularly allergic to alcohol, but it tends to get very dry esp on the cheek areas and alcohol won't make it any better. Alcohol could also lead to skin irritation that is of course not appealing at all.

Apart from the alcohol problem, the foundation claims to deliver a finish that looks like a second skin with a lightweight and and build able formula. The consistency is indeed lightweight, it has thin runny texture that applies seamlessly, it dries up to semi matte-satin finish and due to its consistency, I prefer to use stippling/buffing brush to apply it. It also has a powdery touch, so I don't set it with powder to avoid it looking too dull. You also need to well prep your skin beforehand with good moisturizer otherwise it will cling on to your dry patches.

Givenchy Teint Couture Foundation provides a solid coverage, it covers up my redness, blemishes and imperfections. I can go without concealer when wearing this foundation. As you can see from the pictures above, the finish does seem radiant and flawless. But I must say that it is not very build able because layering more than 1 layer will make it looking cakey. Unfortunately, after ca.3 hour wear the foundation starts to migrate around the nose area and esp around my Tzone. The oil control is bad as hell as my skin starts to look so greasy and very unappealing after ca.3 hour. For the price point at €46,88 ( I got it for 20% off though ), it is just absurd. I've tried to apply primer beforehand to prolong the wear time but it didn't help much, maybe 1-2 hour extra but still very disappointing. 
The other disappointing fact is that the alcohol inside it causes my skin to break out :/ 

Packaging wise, the foundation is housed inside a luxury glass bottle packaging that comes with a pump dispenser. The packaging is top notch and sadly the only thing I am completely happy from the whole product. 


PS : A friend of mine has just launched his youtube channel consists mainly of DIY videos :D. It's in German but he always puts english subtitle. He's passionate with what he's doing so a visit to his channel will make his day :) HERE


Have you tried anything from the Givenchy beauty line?
Love
pam

No comments:

Post a Comment