Saturday 4 April 2015

Shu : Palette

During my recent trip to Jakarta, I was able to get this newly launched limited edition Shu:Palette from Shu Uemura. I follow some Singaporean beauty bloggers and was swoon over the pictures and swatches they posted on blog and instagram. So I didn't hesitate to get this palette once it became available even though the price hurt :P. 








The palette comes in a thin-matte black case. The case also has a big built in mirror inside. I personally like the simple and thin case plus the big built in mirror, but the eye shadow pans are a bit too loosely sticked on to the palette. The pans are a bit 'woobly' that they move a bit when I swipe my eye shadow brush over them. For the price that I paid, I do think they should have put a bit more effort on sticking the pans on to the palette correctly. 

But anyway, aside of the minor issue on the packaging, I must say the palette is a good investment. The palette contains 6 matte shades, 1 glitter shade, and 5 other shimmering shades ( divided in pearl, metallic, iridescent and shimmer ). The matte shades  are smooth and velvety they barely have any fallout. The pigmentation varies though, depends on the shade. The flesh toned shades have better pigmentation compare to the deeper ones. The dark brown and matte black apply a bit patchy and need to be layered to reach full opacity. The glitter shade is one of the best glitter eye shadow I've tried, it is not dusty at all and apply smoothly, the finish is just so pretty so iridescent, it is one of my favorite shade in this palette. The other shimmering shades have great pigmentation and apply smoothly as well. The shimmering shade has duo chrome finish and look so beautiful without looking too frosty. Major love. 

I paid around €110 for this palette that contains 16 full size eye shadows + 1 dual ended brush. The brush is stiff and the bristles are hard. I don't like the brush at all and find the brushes that comes with UD naked palettes are way better. Economically speaking, €110 is a good deal since one single eye shadow retails for ca.€15 ( converted from Singapore Dollar at SGD22 each full size eye shadow pan ) that means the palette ( minus the cost of the brush and palette itself ) has €272 worth so I basically saved €162 by buying this palette ( yes that's my self justification :p ).







Overall, I am happy I decided to get this palette even though it might be the least thing I needed :p. The colors are not something I haven't had in my stash but the quality is excellent and let me admit, it is just nice to have xD. Gladly it performs well and the quality justified the price. 

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment