Wednesday 29 April 2015

Rouge Cabaret

My obsession with reddish toned eye shadows is no longer a secret, am I right? I just can't leave it every time I see reddish toned eye shadow no matter how many of them I have had in my collection :P. This Lancome Hypnose Dazzling cream eye shadow in Rouge Cabaret was part of Lancome Christmas 2014 collection, and in February 2015 I spotted a lot of them discounted at 60% at  my local Lancome counter , how to say no?









Rouge Cabaret comes in a glass pot similar to the packaging of other high end cream eye shadow ( e.g. Chanel Illusion d'ombre or Dior cream eye shadow ) . The packaging is high end and well made. The shade Rouge Cabaret itself is a warm burgundy brown shade with duo chrome gold and silver micro glitters. The shade is very similar to Chanel Ebloui and Etude House Fairy Glitter in Evening Party.  Ebloui is more shimmery and the glitters are multi color so it appears more intricate while Evening Party is more brownish and the glitters are the least fine. Among the 3 shades, Rouge Cabaret is the least shimmering and appears the most red on the lids. 

The texture of this eye shadow is similar to the other 2 sisters. It is bouncy and spongy ( imagine Maybelline Bouncy blush as eye shadow ) . I'd say it is a bit more wet and less dry than its 2 sisters though. The pigmentation is sheer medium but you can layer it easily to reach intensity you desire. Rouge Cabaret is the kind of eye shadow that performs very well on its own. You don't need any other shade to compliment this one as it looks very nice solo. It applies smoothly and doesn't crease  or smudge or migrate on my lids. It comes with a mini brush but I prefer to apply it using my fingers then blend it using blending brush. I like the fact that it doesn't set very quick so it gives you enough time to blend and play around on the lids, but it is never too wet either. The consistency is just right.

This wear for 10 hours on me without eye primer ( I haven't got the chance to wear it more than 10 hours though ) which means that it has great staying power. 

I am in love with Rouge Cabaret and it is certainly not my last reddish eye shadow ^^

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment