Friday 5 December 2014

The One Click Gloss

My relationship with Chanel beauty line has always been so-so. As much as I love how they look, all products I've tried so far, failed to really impress me. The new one click lip gloss from Chanel has been receiving a lot of positive reviews, and the packaging is just beautiful.. I had a gift card to use so with the help of some swatches from the internet, I decided to order theses 2 shades. 









First, let's talk about the one click packaging. Isn't it so tech savvy? I like how sleek and chic looking the tube is. The one click mechanism is rather gimmicky to be honest, but nice to have. The packaging is just very Chanel and luxurious. But, the opaque black tube won't let us know how much gloss left inside, which is a bit suck. It comes with doe foot applicator which is optimal for lip gloss imo.

The shades I picked up were Affriolant and Distinction. Affriolant is a famous shade because it is a shade that will suit a lot of people and it will be great for everyday wear. It is a bright - true coral shade. Distinction is a warm red grape shade. I wanted to try 2 very different shades so I can tell whether the formula is consistent. Judging from the shade only, I prefer Distinction more as Affriolant appears to be a tad 'too coral' for me. I expected it to be warmer but it is sadly a bit too cool toned for my liking. But as it can be applied sheer, it doesn't bother me much.

Formula wise, I must say that I am not a fan. I find them both difficult to apply. They don't apply evenly and have tendency to set into lip lines. The consistency is good. It is not too thin or too thin and it is a bit sticky which I don't mind. But their tendency to set into lip lines and lip edges annoy me so much. They also apply rather patchy and not very friendly with my chapped lips in winter.
A lot of people compare this to the Lancome lip lovers but I must say, I prefer the Lancome one much much better. The chanel ones are just too uneven. The pigmentation is good though, better than I expected from a lip gloss, but I think that is also why they apply patchy. Affriolant is more pigmented than Distinction and I prefer Distinction better because the sheerness makes it more forgivable. One good thing, they are pretty hydrating on the lips and feel comfortable. I also do not notice any scent.

At 32,99€ each, I think they need to be excellent. Unfortunately they are rather average.


Have you tried this new line of lip gloss from Chanel?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment