Sunday 9 November 2014

Tarte Blush Palette

It is not even December yet but all the beauty brands have been bombarding us with the irresistible holiday sets.  So I made a cheeky Sephora order recently with some holiday sets I found the most irresistible ( the other less irresistible can wait till the holiday season is over and get discounted xD ), this Tarte blush palette was one of them.







I think this blush palette together with the one from Hourglass received the most attention from the beauty junkies out there. No wonder, since this blush palette from Tarte contains 5 different shades ranging from matte to shimmery to satin finish. The color selection is also really good IMO. We get Breathless - a matte muted apricot shade , Embrace - a very shimmery cool toned pink with silver glitters, Whimsy - a barbie pink with satin finish, Bashful - a bright coral with slightly satin finish and Irreplaceable - a matte medium rosy pink. 
Breathless is my favorite shade from the palette, first because I don't own similar shade on my stash and I just love how natural it looks. The matte finish also goes with anything and great for low key days. Bashful is then my second favorite, it is such a flattering color against my complexion, judging from how many coral blushes I own, I think coral is my absolute favorite shade for blushes :-).
On the other hand, Embrace is my least favorite. I think you must know why. I am just not a fan of shimmer and glitters on the cheeks, and the pigmentation is not the greatest as well. Embrace applies a bit patchy and doesn't blend really well. 
The other shades with the exception of Embrace has soft and smooth texture, though I must say that all of them are a bit dry which results in not so impressive in terms of blending. I find them all a bit difficult to blend, I need to be careful not to overdo ( esp for bolder shades like Whimsy or Irreplaceable ) and also need to spend more time to blend them. 
Packaging wise, I think Tarte really nailed it. I might not a big fan of the cheapy looking gold case, and I still don't get the purpose of the 2 hair clips there, but the case is weighty, well made and the big built in mirror is functional. And it will make a great gift, of course.


PS : I know they all look similar on the pictures, but I just always find it hard to capture the real color of blushes. 

Overall, I think this palette is a great alternative if you want to try some Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. The blushes have good quality especially for those of you who prefer dryer texture. The color selection is nice, and the packaging is a winner :-)

Which shade out of 5 is your favorite?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment