Tuesday 16 September 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

As much as I love all my glossy balmy lippies, I do sometimes crave to wear matte lipsticks. I can't deny they do look very posh and shopisticated, and with a good lip balm underneath, they are actually not that bad especially when the formula is just on point like these newly additions from Bourjois. 










I picked up these 2 at Schipol duty free for each €10, not the cheapest for drugstore product but they are reasonably priced for the quality!

#07 - Nudeist : This is probably my most favorite matte lipstick shade ever ( besides my reds ). It is a warm medium pink that actually looks a bit darker on real life. The color is so flattering and the matte finish makes it look very posh. major love!

#04 - Peach Club : It is a peachy orange shade that in contrary to the Nudeist, looks actually paler on real life as on the picture above. The shade is actually more peachy than orange. It is a beautiful unique shade that I don't see much on the market. 

Now let's talk about the formula! These lippies are very creamy but not slippery.They have slightly velvety texture and they apply easily .The doe foot applicator really does the job well, it really helps the product to glide on efforlessly. The texture is lightweight, and very good pigmented. One swipe is enough to get full coverage. I don't find them accentuating my lip lines because they are very smooth. 
They dry up to full matte finish and do get a bit sticky and could set into lip lines after some time but I like to swipe over a clear balm after few hours just to hydrate my lips a bit (EOS lip balms are the best because they are not overly glossy ). I won't say that they are hydrating and not drying, but I think it is completely okay for matte lippies. They are in fact not as dry as some matte lippies I have tried before ( e.g MAC matte lipsticks ). If you are familiar with the Rimmel Kate Moss mate lipsticks ( the ones with red bullet ), these ones feel very similar and also have similar quality. I'd say the Bourjois are like the cream version of the Rimmel ones.
The longevity is impressive. I got 5 hour wear for both shades and they stain the lips lightly afterwards. 

For €10 each, I guess they are completely worth the money. Great formula, nice packaging and pretty matte shades!

Have you given them a try?

Love.
Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment