Tuesday 5 August 2014

EBLOUI

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Ebloui was long on my wish list. I always swatched it every time I walk pass Chanel make up counter, but it always applied too sheer so I never came home with it even though the swatches I found in internet were all very pretty. Until my mom bought me this cream eye shadow from duty free on her way to visit me.



1 swipe - 3 swipes



The cream eye shadow comes in a glass tube with Chanel logo printed on the lid. The packaging is sturdy and luxurious looking and I love the fact the the tube is wide enough for my finger to comfortably dip in and pick up the product. Some cream eye shadow tubes are so narrow and small that they always get in my nails. I don't really use the small brush that came with it, and use my fingers to apply it.
The texture reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal Infaillible eye shadows. But the Chanel ones are far more complex. They are spongy, moussy, a tad powdery, a bit dry ( but not flakey ) but also creamy at the same time. Despite of the texture, Ebloui applies smoothly and glides on beautifully and it doesn't tug my lids as well. The pigmentation is very buildable. It applies very sheer for one coat but the pigmentation can be built up until very opaque and bold. It is also easy to blend which is good because other cream eyeshadows tend to set very fast and harder to blend.
The color Ebloui itself is a gorgeous reddish tone bronze. It is very shimmery but don't be afraid of the shimmer as it is very beautiful and looks stunning on the lids. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you must have known my obsession with the color palette. So , Ebloui is right up my alley.

The staying power is rather average on my oily lids though. I got ca.5 hours over Lorac eye shadow primer. But I got ca.7 hours if I top it with powder eye shadow.
The rather average staying powder doesn't really bother me because I am aware of my oily lids.

Overall, a good allrounder, perfect for traveling as it performs very well solo and suitable for day or night look. The quality is great, so it is worth the price tag.


Have you tried anything from the Illusion d'Ombre range?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment