Wednesday 11 June 2014

Wild Ginger

I was very lucky to receive this lipstick from Tom Ford on my birthday in March. I was euphoric when I first opened the gift and saw little Tom Ford lipstick inside because I've been wanting to try Tom Ford lipstick for the longest time but still haven't caved in due to the unbelievably expensive price tag ( €48/ 3gr )!!
But huge thank you to a friend of mine who knows me so well and gifted me this baby on my birthday! <3








First of all, let us take a look at the packaging.. Tom Ford nailed it , in terms of luxury. The lipstick is housed in a  sleek black square edges case with gold lining. It is no question, a very sturdy and well made case. Only the black part catches fingerprints like crazy. The lipstick itself has beautiful TF embossed on the top which doesn't last very long as the TF disappears after few application. 
My friend picked up the shade Wild Ginger for me. She couldn't have done it any better since Wild Ginger is the shade I'd pick up for myself. Wild ginger is a reddish orange shade which I believe is going to suit a lot of skin tone. Wild ginger doesn't have any shimmer and has creamy-sheen finish.  Wild Ginger is an eye catching - flattering red. You might think I must have similar shades on my stash as I own 100000000000 red lipsticks. But no I don't! Wild Ginger is a unique shade of red. It is like as if tomato and orange get married.. 
Formula wise, Tom Ford lipstick has excellent formula. It is creamy and glides effortlessly on the lips. It doesn't set into lip lines and it is very pigmented. I was afraid it is going to be waxy and heavy like some MAC lipsticks or the newly launched Estee Lauder Pure color envy , but fortunately this one feels lightweight and comfortable on the lips. It is not drying as well so I don't need to apply lip balm beforehand. 
The staying power is impressive . I usually get 5-6 hours wear with only slightly rub off after eating or drinking. The color does transfer to glass but I think it's normal for bold color lipstick with non matte formula. 
The lipstick is lightly scented, nothing overwhelming.

Overall , I think Tom Ford lipstick is a all around winner. But does it worth the heavy price tag? Well to be honest, I think all of us - beauty junkie everywhere know, deep down inside that there is no lipstick really worth €46 for 3gr. It is all the name and the luxury feeling you buy which is not a bad thing, as it can boost up our mood and confidence sometimes. It is nice to splurge and spoil ourselves once in a while with a bit of luxury, isn't it?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment