Monday 16 June 2014

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy SHINE

If you have read my post here about the very talked about Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Lipstick, it was clear that I was not a fan of the newly launched lipsticks. But I stumbled upon this review from BunBun  and was lucky to spot the range when I was in Singapore. I assumed the shine version would be lighter and less heavy, so I picked up one shade ( which I later regret why I didn't pick up more T.T ). 







please excuse my facial hair O_o



The packaging is almost identical to the non shine version, only the shine version is slimmer and smaller. The color I picked up was Pink Dragon, a mauve light pink which is thankfully warm enough for my complexion. I consciously picked up lighter - more wearable shade because I wanted a lipstick that I could wear on daily basis ( though I was on the fence to get the reddish shades. :$ ) and Pink Dragon was a perfect choice. It appears natural yet flattering on the lips and gives a nice blushing shade to my whole complexion. I love that it doesn't appear too pale. 
The lipstick has completely different texture in comparison to the non shine ones imo. The shine ones are lighter, and have balmy-moisturizing texture. It glides on easily and smooth and doesn't set into the lip lines. It feels very comfortable on the lips, and it doesn't dry up nor peel off my lips. Despite of the balmy texture, the pigmentation is great! I would say, the texture is like how I imagined the Revlon lip butters would be. The Estee Lauder one is like the Revlon lip butters without chunky glitters, with more consistent pigmentation and a little more lightweight in texture. I also love the fact that the formula is very foolproof and forgiving that I don't need mirror to do touch up. 
I get the feeling that this lipstick gives an illusion of fuller lips, maybe because of the shiny-balmy finish. I notice no scent so it might be a good news for a lot of sensitive-nose out there!

Overall, It is pure love between me and the lipstick!! My family is coming to visit me in a month and I will def ask my mom to get me more colors all the way from Asia xD

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment