Wednesday 26 March 2014

Sea of Clouds

Highlighter is actually not really my thing as I always find it hard to apply without looking like disco ball. But I recently spotted this highlighter from a local blog sale for a very good price and since I've been wanting to try Rouge Bunny Rouge products for the longest time, I decided to give this highlighter a go as the reviews online are mostly positive. 



The highlighter comes in a luxurious frosted glass bottle in a cylinder case. I really really love the packaging and the Rouge Bunny Rouge typical printing which is very whimsical and 'fairy tale' like. The highlighter also comes with a pump which is good but it always dispenses wayyyy too much product as we only need very little amount.




I've read reviews online that people mix it with foundation to achieve a brightening - glowy finish. I am always skeptical when people mix highlighter with foundation. I am sure it will work for dry-normal skin but def not on my combination skin. But I tried it anyway. I mixed a very small amount of the highlighter with foundation ( Estee Lauder Double Wear Light ) and applied it all over my face. To my surprise my face didn't turn into disco ball. The finish was actually quite good and not as bad as I thought it would be. It did make the foundation appears more dewy and glowy but not overly greasy. It also gave my face a brightening effect and very subtle glow.
The finish is very similar like those glowy complexion we usually see from those K-pop stars. I was very surprised and didn't expect the shimmer to be very subtle and refined. 
After 3-4 hours, my skin did get a bit 'oilier' than usual but blotting paper / powder would prevent you from being a disco ball. 

on direct sunlight


artificial lighting 

after 3 hours without blotting - artificial lighting 

applied as highlighter on cheekbones


As 'normal highlighter' it performs very well. I applied it on the highest point of my cheek bones, and on the cupid bows. It gives my skin a very refined and beautiful glow without being too shimmery like The Balm MaryLouminizer or Benefit High Beam. I love the fact that it is so subtle and refined makes it easier to work with. It also doesn't emphasize pores. I applied a bit more in this picture so you're able to see the finish.
The formula is easy to work with and it blends beautifully . Despite of the subtle finish, a little goes a long way. You only need a small amount of product to highlight both cheek bones. This bottle is going to last me a very long time.

Finally a highlighter that works for my combination skin. Love!

Sea of Clouds retail for €45 / 30 ml but I managed to get it half price from a blog sale! ( and it was new and sealed !! )
Have you tried anything from Rouge Bunny Rouge?
What is your fave highlighter?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment