Wednesday 19 February 2014

Petunia

Asos was having 25% off site wide last few weeks so I took the chance to order some items, mostly I ordered clothes, but I managed to put this blush into my shopping cart as well.
The lovely Sleepandwater described this cream blush as one of her favorite so I was curious to try. 





The convertible color comes in a plastic case which reminds me of Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. The color of the case represents the shade of the blush inside. The case is compact and light, but doesn't feel cheap or flimsy. It also comes with built in mirror so it is perfect for on the go touch up.



I picked up the shade Petunia. It is a bright peachy coral shade. I'd say it is the cream glossy version of Tarte Amazonian clay blush in Tipsy. It doesn't have any shimmer and it is such a flattering shade against my complexion.

The texture of the blush is very creamy and glossy. It reminds me of NYX cream blushes ( which I am not a fan of ). I was skeptical at the beginning because of the creamy-glossy formula. But it applies so beautifully on the cheeks. It sinks right in to the skin and blends effortlessly. The pigmentation is great but it blends easily so you don't have to worry about overblush. The staying power is impressive. I got 7-8 hours of it when it is worn alone, and it stays on even longer when layered with powder blush. However, I prefer to wear it alone so it can show its true dewy-creamy-but not greasy finish.



Stila claims it as lip and cheek color but it doesn't work for my lips. It is too slippery but drying and accentuates my lip lines like crazy. But I am happy enough to use it only for my cheeks.
Stila convertible color retails for €22 / 4,5 gr. It is not cheap but I think it is worth the money.

What is your favorite cream blush?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment