Sunday 2 February 2014

NYX Butter Gloss

I just recently went on lippies splurge. I bought 12 lip products in 3 days.. I don't even know what's wrong with me..
So please be prepared to see a lot of lippie posts on this blog.. 


NYX butter glosses have been widely hyped and loved especially from the beauty community in the US.. NYX is limitedly available in Germany on few stores, but the product range is usually not very wide compare to the US so when I saw the butter glosses I was surprised because I didn't expect them to be available here. 



I picked up 2 shades ; Strawberry parfait and peach cobbler.
Strawberry parfait is a pale pink color that is actually not my cup of tea. But since I already have too many red shades on my collection so I decided to pick up something different and out of my comfort zone. 
Peach Cobbler is a peachy coral shade. Totally my cup of tea. 

The butter gloss comes in a typical lip gloss tube with doe foot applicator which is very practical and makes the application easy. 


Texture wise, it is something I have not experienced before.. It feels like a lip gloss mixed with lip balm. So I think the name butter gloss is justified and not just a gimmick. I love how it feels very hydrating on the lips. The pigmentation is average, depends on the shade. Strawberry parfait a bit sheer compare to peach cobbler. They glide on smoothly and apply evenly. I also love how they don't get sticky like the glossy stain for example. They don't peel off my lips and I don't need to apply lip balm underneath because they are hydrating enough for my preference even in winter.
The staying power is also impressive for lip gloss. I got 4 hours wear before it started to fade gradually. It smells sweet and yummy, I love the smell!


Strawberry Parfait 

Peach Cobbler

I am so far very happy with these butter glosses. I think they are one of the best gloss formula I have ever encountered. They are also very affordable at €6,95 or even cheaper in the US around $5..
If you can get your hands on these glosses, give them a try because they are really good!

Have you tried the butter gloss from NYX?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment