Tuesday 11 February 2014

Dermatologica Daily Microfoliant




When I first received this deluxe sample of Dermatologica Daily Microfoliant, I thought it was deodorant.. then after some observation, I thought it was dry shampoo.. Until I googled it and found out it was a daily microfoliant ( I know I know it is WRITTEN there on the box but that's it. There is no description etc written on the box, only ingredients which I knew nothing about ).
Based on my research on the internet, this microfoliant is apparently quite famous and very expensive.. But it had to sit inside my drawer for awhile because I was afraid it would be too harsh for my skin.

Then I re-found it while I was cleaning my dressing table and decided to give it a try.
Texture wise, it feels like corn flour. You should pour small amount to your hand and mix it with few drops of water but make sure not to drop too much water otherwise it will turn out to be too liquid and not 'scrubby' enough. I prefer to wet my hands and pour it to my wet hands so it won't be too liquid. It smells like medicine ( imagine powder aspirin ) but it doesn't bother me that much. 
Dermatologica says it is a rice based enzyme powder micro foliate and is enriched with papaya enzyme and vitamin C. It also contains salisylic acid which is famous to exfoliate and remove dead skin cells . 
My skin is not very sensitive but it gets red very easy that's why I am not really a fan of exfoliator in general but this one from Dermatologica is soft enough for my skin. It doesn't irritate my skin and my skin feels smooth and squeaky clean but not drying after using this. Dermatologica recommends to use it every day but I use it only twice a week for the last 2 months. It didn't break me out and did nothing bad to my skin. I noticed that it reduced my dry patches around the cheeks but other than that, I didn't really experience anything sensational. The small bottle is going to last me for long time I guess, so the high price is kind of justified. Though I don't think I will purchase the full size once I ran out of my deluxe sample. 


I have tested it for the past 2 months and it is part of my weekly skin regime until now. But I don't think I will miss it once it's gone . It is a nice exfoliant but it does no wonder to my skin. As if it was cheaper, I would consider to purchase the full size but since it is expensive , ca. €70 for 65gr so I don't think I will fork out so much money for it.

Have you ever tried this daily microfoliant? Or do you have any favorite exfoliant?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment