Saturday 11 January 2014

Catrice Made to Stay Lip Polish

This is my latest addition to my lippie drawer on my dressing table. Catrice is now changing some of their standard sortiment for spring and this lip polish is one of the new product. Catrice claims it to be 3in1, lip gloss, lip balm and lip tint all in 1 product and it should stay up to 8Hour.



The packaging is standard 'lip gloss' tube, but it is practical so I don't mind. It comes with doe foot applicator which functions very well-


The color that I picked is #002 Jen and Berry's. It is a rose-berry shade , totally my cup of tea. The texture is very similar to the YSL glossy stain. It is watery but it has a sticky feeling of lip gloss. It applies evenly and the pigmentation is great, it gets opaque in 1 swipe. I didn't have high expectation for it because I didn't really like lip tint in general. But this one feels very nice and it is not drying at all. It does feel a bit sticky but nothing annoying. It has a light scent of vanilla but it is not overwhelming.

ps : sorry for my weird selfie here, the sun was shining so bright so I had hard time keeping my eyes opened. lol


I surprisingly really like it. It is very nice and the finish is beautiful. It is glossy and the shine stays for some hours before it fades- It doesn't stay for 8 hour like Catrice claims but it does stay on longer than regular lip glosses.
This lip polish from Catrice really reminds me of the YSL glossy stain - if not better. I think the YSL one applies less evenly and it tends to set on the lip lines which this one from Catrice doesn't do. Catrice really did a good job with it and I can only recommend it esp if you want to try the YSL glossy stain, just save your money and buy this cheaper one from Catrice. This retails for €4,99.

Have you tried any 'glossy stain'?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment