Thursday 12 September 2013

Vulcano

I've been wanting to try some make up from Dolce and Gabbana beauty line. The beauty line is not available in Germany both in stores or online so I was very excited when I found out that Galeries Lafayette Paris carries the make up line. 
The counter was very full when I first came so I had to wait about 5-10 minutes until a very nice and friendly SA came to help me. I've seen Rae from theraeviewer raving about some of Dolce and Gabbana products so I asked the SA that I wanted to try a full face make up from foundation to lipstick. The SA was very gentle in make up application, asked me about what I like and dislike, about my skin condition , etc etc. The finish look she created on me was very nice, natural and fresh looking ( Sorry I forgot to take a pict of the finish look ).  As much as I wanted to buy everything she put on my face, I picked up only the foundation and the eye shadow quad ( I was on the edge to get the blush as well but I have just bought 2 NARS blushes so I didn't buy it ). I'm still trying out the foundation so now let's talk about the eye shadow quad now.






Packaging wise, the palette has great quality. The case is made of plastic but not cheap kind of plastic. The case is sturdy and well made, though very prone to finger prints. There is a built in mirror inside with 2 mini sponge applicators. It weighs well on my grip and it also comes with a velvet pouch like most high end brands do.



Vulcano consists of 4 shades. A light pearly yellow, a matte redish brown, a duochrome cranberry ( very similar to MAC cranberry ) , and a duochrome blackened eggplant shade. All shades work well together . They really compliment each other. Both of the duo chrome shades also look great worn alone.
The texture is so smooth, buttery and they apply well on the lids. The pigmentation is just perfect. They blend easily and give such a nice finish on the lids. The staying power is impressive, they stay on for more than 8 hours without base. 

Some of you might have known how I love Burberry eye shadow. This quad is just as great as the Burberry ones. Only the shades I picked up from D&G are not as wearable as the ones from Burberry. But I can create a lot of different looks with this D&G palette, from everyday natural look to bold smokey eye look. The color might not be everyone's cup of tea but I just wanted to have something a bit unusual, because I have already owned too many earthy brown shades.

How do you like the quad? Have you ever tried Dolce and Gabbana make up?
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment