Tuesday 10 September 2013

Shocking Coral

I have just cleaned my make up collection and got rid of a lot of stuffs I barely used. So now I don't have as many lipsticks as I used to, therefore, a reason to buy new ones! lol
I did some research online and a lot of people seem to like the Color Sensational vivid line from Maybelline. There are only 2 shades available in Germany and Shocking Coral is the most loved one so I bought it.  At first I was quite worried about the color being 'too neon' for me , but my local drugstore was having 20% off all maybelline products so I picked it up anyway.





The lipstick comes in a square bullet with transparent red closure lid. The packaging is quite nice for drugstore. It feels nice on the hand,not very plasticky or cheap looking.




Shocking Coral is a true neon coral shade. It leans more to orange on hand swatch but on the lips it leans more to pink. It is a very bright-neon shade. I am not sure how I feel about it as the shade is too neon for my liking. The texture is creamy but not slippery, a very nice texture actually. But it sets into lip lines very bad so make sure to moisturize your lips properly beforehand. The pigmentation is over the top, it takes only a light swipe to make it opaque. This is not the kind of lipstick you can apply or re apply without mirror.



I have to say, the color looks kind of nice on pictures above, but on real life it looks very 'Jersey Shore', definitely not flattering for my asian complexion. It makes my teeth appear more yellow and my skin appears dull. I know a lot of people love it, but it is just not meant for me. Aside of the color, the lipstick's formula is very nice. It is creamy and feels hydrating on the lips and it also stays on pretty well. 

It originally retails for 7,75€ but I got it for 20% off.

Have you tried the vivid line from Maybelline?
Love,
Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment