Saturday 28 September 2013

Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Luminous Liquid Foundation

I've recently purchased DIOR forever flawless foundation to replace my empty Guerlain lingerie de peau. But unfortunately I was not entirely happy with the DIOR foundation so I went on hunting for the alternative. 
On my recent trip to Paris, I had a full face make up application at Dolce&Gabbana counter at Galeries Lafayette and I fell in love at the 1st sight with the foundation.
I said to the BA that I have combination to oily skin but after examining my skin, she said that she actually thought my skin was more normal to combination which I later agreed because I am mostly dry around the cheeks area and only a bit oilier around my Tzone. So we decided on the luminous foundation rather than the mattifying one.







The foundation comes in a typical high end packaging. It's a glass bottle with a golden cap and a pump that dispenses the perfect amount of product. The bottle is very well made and sturdy.


The foundation has thick-liquid consistency and mildly scented. I can't really tell what scent it is but I read somewhere that all Dolce and Gabbana make up has fig scent. It is very mild though, so don't worry. I find that the foundation is best applied with beauty blender for lighter coverage or stippling/buffing brush for fuller coverage.
BEFORE

AFTER
please mind my weird brows, i was having bad brow day



You can see the luminous finish better at this picture below. It was taken after 3 hours wearing this foundation.

The coverage of this foundation is medium to full, very buildable and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. You can layer this foundation for fuller coverage without ending up being cakey , mask-like or dull. On daily basis, I am happy with 1 layer of this foundation. The coverage is enough to cover any imperfections, blemishes, hyperpigmentations and rednesses.
It doesn't cling on pores or dry patches. It delivers such a lovely luminous finish just like the name advised. It is not luminous oily but more luminous dewy. People with very oily skin might find it a bit too dewy though but I personally love the finish that I don't feel that layering it with powder is a must.
The foundation is fairly long wearing as well. I got 8 hours straight before it starts to fade gradually. I don't feel the need to touch up with powder even after 8 hours, blotting powder is enough. 
I am very in love with the finish. It is something I have not achieved before with another foundation. The 'high end' feeling is definitely there and it is just... flawless. 
The foundation retails for €49,99,- / 30ml which is such a steep price but I do think it's worth every penny. I am loving this foundation very much, I think I've found my new holy grail high end foundation.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment