Friday 16 August 2013

Rock The Boat

On my last trip to drugstore, I picked up a new nail polish from Essie's latest collection. I had 10€ voucher for my local drugstore after I redeemed the points I got on my reward card, so I used the voucher to buy the Essie nail polish, as they retail for 7,99€ which is a bit on the higher price of drugstore.



 

I got the shade Rock The Blue, a periwinkle - baby blue shade with shimmer particles. The shimmers are very visible on the bottle but not really on the nails. They are very subtle and only visible under bright light.
Rock The Boat is sheer and it took me 3 coats to get the opacity like on the pictures above. The application was a bit gloopy, so make sure to let each layer dry completely before adding another layer.
I like Essie nail polishes but they are not very consistent with the quality. Some polishes are so difficult to apply and very gloopy while others are dream to apply. 
But however, Rock The Boat is beautiful, and unique shade that is not that easily dupable. 
I love the color but not really the formula.

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment