Thursday 22 August 2013

Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Make Up

I love foundations very much. Applying base make up ( foundation, primer, concealer, powder ) is the favorite part of my make up routine. I just love how foundation can transform my less presentable skin in the mornings to be more presentable :p
I love the feeling on freshly applied foundation. I love the brush swipe, or the beauty blender dab. I love love love it. I find it also most interesting to read about foundation reviews because they are more difficult to write in comparison to lipstick or blushes in my opinion. How about you?

I recently picked up the new formulated All Matt Plus Shine Control foundation from Catrice. The foundation was very much loved and have won many awards here in Germany , so when Catrice took it out from their permanent range last season, people were manic and hysterical ( like literally ). But now Catrice put it back to the permanent range with a new formula that supposed to be better than the predecessor.





The foundation comes in a luxurious looking matte glass bottle. It is very sturdy and well made, definitely nice for the price. It also comes with a pump that dispenses the product really well. Packaging wise, the new version looks almost identical to its older sister. you can see the comparison pict, here


My shade is #020 - Nude Beige. It is the 2nd lightest shade available out of 4. The lightest shade which is #010 - Light Beige is too light for me but Nude Beige is my perfect match. 
Nude Beige has neutral undertone, a bit of yellow hint but nothing that disturbs me ( I dislike foundation with yellow undertone ).  The formula is something between liquid and cream. It is more like a mousse consistency I'd say. It also has kind of powdery feel to it, like you can feel that the foundation will dry to a matte finish ( if that makes sense, sorry for my poor description :p )




As you can see on the pictures above, this foundation has medium coverage. It covers my imperfections well and evens out my complexion. I do still need concealer on some spots though, but not very necessary. I can go without concealer either.
The foundation feels lightweight on the skin, definitely not heavy. It does have matte-powdery finish but it doesn't cling on my dry patches and pores. The finish is natural and I feel like it reflects light a little bit which is good because my face looks brighter and 'fresher'. I tried to apply this foundation with beauty blender and buffing brush but beauty blender works better because buffing brush can get a bit streaky.
The oil control is average, despite of the matte finish ,it is not very impressive. My T zone gets oily after ca. 4 hours. But I don't really mind to blot a bit more often.
I notice a very subtle fresh scent which I like. It is very subtle so people with sensitive nose don't have to be worry. 

Since Catrice is now slowly spreading its market internationally, I hope more of you can get your hands on this foundation. It is a very decent foundation for 6,05€ / 30ml

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment