Saturday 15 June 2013

Rose of Attraction

Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick range has been very hyped among the beauty community. If I'm not mistaken, the range is not yet available here in Germany. I was aware about the range from the lovely Paddy from Innenundaussen ( her blog is in german but lipsticks and blushes are universal language I believe :P ) so when I saw the range on the drugstore while I was in Riga, I was very excited. 
Unfortunately after I did some swatches, I was not really impressed with the texture, and the colors available, so I picked up only 1.



The packaging looks totally different from the ones Paddy showed on her blog, but after I did some researches, the packaging is different because I got the 'East Europe' edition since I bought it in Latvia. here . I personally prefer the american packaging because the one I got looks cheap and tacky with the bright transparant jelly pink bullet. 



I picked up the shade Rose of Attraction , a pretty bright pink with sheer pigmentation. The color is similar to my YSL sheer candy #4 but this one is less coral-y. It has some glitters which aren't really visible on the lips but are quite flaky I must say.




I had such a high expectation on this lipstick, but I have to say I am a bit disappointed. The texture feels very flaky because of the glitters. It feels like the lipstick has sand in it. The color I picked is very pretty though, but it appears on my lips much paler and washed out than it is seen on the pictures above. ( It looks very nice on the pictures, surprised me a lot, but sadly it doesn't look as nice on the real life.
The staying power is average but I didn't expect it to be impressive either. The texture of this lipstick is more slippery than balmy. Actually what I experienced from this lipstick is just all total opposite of what people experienced, so maybe I just got a one bad product. 

I am still curious to try on other shades as I believe I just picked up the wrong shade with this one.

Have you ever tried the Maybelline Color Whisper range? How do you like it?

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment