Wednesday 1 May 2013

Revlon Lippies

Revlon is a brand that I always want to try. But since Revlon is not available where I live, I don't get much opportunities to try them on. So every time I visit a country where Revlon is available , I usually don't waste the opportunity and buy some products to try.
I bought these 3 lippies from Revlon on my trip to Jakarta in February.



I got all 3 lipsticks from the Super Lustrous range, mainly because they are so cheap ! only Rp. 34.000 ( ca. 4 USD or 2,5 € ). But also because from the swatches I did on the counter, I found the other ranges not so interesting and a tad drying. 



460 - Blushing Mauve

510 - Berry Rich

525 - Wine With Everything


Blushing Mauve is mauve-y peach shade which leans more to peach,so I can't really understand why its name is 'mauve'.lol. It has a pearl finish but for me it's more a creamy semi matte finish. The pearl or shimmer is barely noticeable on the lips. 
Berry Rich is a medium pink-berry tone with creamy matte finish and Wine With Everything is a bright blue toned red also with creamy matte finish.

Blushing Mauve


Berry Rich

Wine With Everything

All 3 have creamy texture but more on the waxy side, remind me of MAC lipsticks but these ones from Revlon are better and more comfortable. The pigmentation is really good as well as the staying power. They glide on smoothly on to the lips but they accentuate the lip lines a bit so make sure to exfoliate and apply lip balm before. 

After trying some of the lippies from Revlon, I am to be honest not overly impressed but not disappointed either . I like the colors and the quality for their drugstore prices, but I don't really like how they feel on my lips. I am not sure if I'll reach for them often. 


How do you feel about Revlon lipsticks? Do you have 1 shade that you love the most from Revlon? 

Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment