Tuesday 26 March 2013

Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush - Rose Ambre

Bourjois round pot blush has been on my wish list for the longest time. But since Bourjois is only available online here where I live and I am not really a fan of ordering make up online if I have never seen it live before, it took me a long time to finally get my hands on it. 
But finally, on my trip to Jakarta, I found a lot of Bourjois counters in Jakarta's dept.stores . So after a long time of swatching at the counter, I managed to limit my Bourjois haul only with 1 blush and 1 healthy mix foundation ( review coming soon ). Now that I've tried the blush for awhile, I regret that I didn't buy more shades. #cry




Bourjois little round pot blush comes in a small round pot packaging that looks vintage and cool. It looks like that it comes from the 50-60's era, you can definitely feel the vintage touch. The pot has magnet closure and also comes with small built in mirror and brush. The brush is a bit stiff but not too dense. At first I thought it would be useless, but since the blush is baked and pressed quite hard, I find that the given brush is actually made for it. It takes product easily than my usual soft blush brush. But the brush doesn't feel nice against my skin, so I bought a dense and quite stiff blush brush from Masami Shouko and it works fine with this blush.


The shade I picked up is #74 Rose Ambre. It is a matte burnt peachy pink with a hint of brown. It is a very natural shade and perfect for everyday use. 



Texture wise, Rose Ambre is soft and easy to blend. But as I mentioned above, since it is a baked blush, it is pressed pretty hard. The texture and formula remind me a bit of Milani baked blushes but this one from Bourjois is more finely made and less powdery.
The pigmentation is good. It is no fuss to apply, and you don't need to be extremely light handed. It gives you a really nice rosy cheeks without looking too much. The finish is really natural. For the past 3-4 weeks, I have been gravitated towards this blush really often, if not every day. Because it is such an easy but yet beautiful color to wear everyday and also the staying power is good.
Rose Ambre looks good with subtle make up, but also looks perfect for heavy make up . So, I am head over heels with it and now I start blaming myself for being so stupid and not buying more of the shades available while I was in Jakarta.


PS : I'll be holding a giveaway soon! I hope I'll make it this week. #excited
Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment