Sunday 24 March 2013

Blushing Berry and Angel Rose

Hey guys!!
Since I have mentioned already in some of my previous posts. I hauled a lot of drugstore brands like Maybelline and Revlon while I was in Jakarta, why? First, because Revlon is not available in Germany, and second because even though Maybelline is availabe in Germany, some of their product ranges are different. So, here are the lippies my mom got for me on my first day there! 






ANGEL ROSE





BLUSHING BERRY




Angel Rose is a pale peach color with a hint of coral. It is a bit too pale for my liking, but I kinda like how it looks on me. My mom thinks that the color washes me out, and I agree, but I believe it would look good with heavy smokey eyes. Blushing Berry is a beautiful bright berry color. I like the fact that it doesn't lean to fuschia since I don't like wearing fuschia lipstick. Blushing berry is more muted. It is the shade I'd reach for more often than Angel Rose.

These lipsticks from Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lip color, are really moisturizing. The formula is so creamy and balmy. It feels like you're wearing lip balm instead of lipstick. Despite of the formula, the pigmentation is far from sheer. The pigmentation is opaque and the color is vibrant. I personally love this formula because it is moisturizing, hydrating and feels comfortable on my lips. The staying power is average, but I don't mind re-applying lipstick since I always do it anyway after major eating-drinking.

It's such a shame that the Maybelline here in Germany doesn't carry this range. They have similar products though, with almost identical packaging, but the formula isn't the same. And also more expensive. These babies are sold in Jakarta for Rp.35.000,- ( ca. 2,5 - 3€ ) each. While in Germany, the similar range is sold for more than 6€ if I'm not mistaken. 

Which shade do you prefer? Angel rose or Blushing berry?
Happy Sunday!
Love,
Pam


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wooooooow
    Suppppper Farben!
    Genau nach meinen Geschmack
    Liebste Grüße

    ReplyDelete