Sunday 23 December 2012

Siberian Call


Catrice recently launched a new limited edition called Siberian Call. From the first press release, I was already interested in some of the products, especially the baked eye shadows and cream to powder blushes. The design is not something really fancy but I sometimes prefer it to be simple and functional rather than too much.



Mountain Baked Eyeshadow in "Rest in The Forest"





Catrice is quite famous for the eye shadow, so I picked up this mono baked eye shadow and it didn't disappoint me. Quality wise, it is nicely pigmented, and finely milled. Fallouts are minimal and the texture is soft especially if you apply it wet, it feels almost creamy. It stays on really well on my oily lids and it has kind of sheen - iridescent finish to it. Love it!


CORAL - AL- AL - AL Cream to Powder Blush


heavy swatch !


Coral - al-al-al ( what a name!! ) cream to powder blush is basically a cream blush which transforms into powder finish once applied. The texture is unique, so it doesn't feel like a cream blush because if you rub it with your fingers, it feels like a powdery cream, if that makes sense. -___-. And once applied it gives you a matte finish, not dewy like any other cream blushes.
I had high expectation on it , earlier this year, Catrice had once brought a cream to powder blush in one of its LE, and it was really really good. I expected Coral - al-al-al to be at least the same in terms of quality and finish. But unfortunately it isn't. Coral - al-al-al doesn't give much color ( I had to swipe my brush about 4 times to make it looks like on pictures above ), and it doesn't stay on well either. If you want a really sheer cheek color, you may find it nice. But I prefer more color on my cheeks esp in winter. ( I love to have flushed cheeks in winter! ;) )

PS : I bought the nail polish for my sister, so I didn't test it on my nails! ;)

Btw, Have a merry merry merry christmas guys!! 

Love,
Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment